TechDoc features a full BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation) 2.0 workflow engine. The engine is tightly integrated with the Document Manager and very easy to use. No additional setup required!
- Event sub-processes
- Non-interrupting events (attached to activities)
- Graphical markers for individual task types
- Improved support for human interaction
- And much more...
The TechDoc workflow engine is capable of running generic workflow processes that have no interaction with TechDoc at all. However, it really shines when you start to leverage it's abilities in TechDoc.
- Add/Remove Document Access Associations
- Add/Remove Document Commenters
- Add/Remove Distribution Associations
- Add/Remove Notification Associations
- Add/Remove/Replace Document Keywords
- Release/Unrelease Documents
- Reserve/Unreserve Documents
Not only can you perform all of these operations in TechDoc via Service Tasks in your workflow processes, you can also start those workflow processes automatically with TechDoc workflow triggers! Triggers can be created to automatically execute a particular process anytime you perform a Create Document, Release Document, Replace Document, etc... Processes can be fully automated and require no user interaction at all!
This sounds great, where do I start?
As with any workflow engine, before you go designing workflow processes, it's highly recommended to first become familiar with the BPMN 2.0 specification. Also here are a few books that we recommend: