TechDoc is intended to provide an easy way to manage documents, records, forms, images, and more while being web-based, ISO 9000 compliant, FIPS 140-2 compliant, NPR 2810.1 compliant, standards based (HTML, HTTP, HTTPS, XML, Java), security customizable to the document level, inexpensive even with thousands of creators and tens of thousands of readers, and portable across hardware, operating systems, databases and browsers.
TechDoc is a distributed, portable document management system designed for the management of any type of document or file. The system is web-based and provides for an electronic means to:
- Manage documents through their entire life cycle; create, modify, release, and delete.
- Manage any type of file as a document.
- Manage records for resident and nonresident documents.
- Manage forms and their submissions.
- Automate business processes using integrated workflow engine.
- Provide extensive per-document security and access controls.
- Provide full history tracking of every document's life cycle.
- Provide electronic notification of document events.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting capabilities.
- Provide revision control of approved documents.
- Distribute released/published documents to the user community.
- Provide full text search and retrieval of published documents.
- Provide watermarked PDF versions of released documents.
- Provide for on-line review and approval of documents.